Department of Mechanics of material plasticity and resource-saving processes trains bachelors in “Engineering Mechanics” (4 years) and Masters in Mechanical Engineering specializing in “Equipment Metal Forming” (additional 2 years).
Training and scientific work on the improvement of technology and equipment for forming parts by plastic deformation began in KPI in 1898.
Among 10 experts who defended diploma in the first graduate of the mechanical engineering department of KPI in 1903, 3 of them had specialty in metal forming.
The department has trained over 4,000 specialists in metal forming. Among the graduates of the Department – academicians, corresponding members of the Academy of Sciences, more than 25 doctors, 75 PhD, hundreds of heads of state and private enterprises, civil servants of higher level.
Today, the department has six professors, six associate professors, two senior lecturers and eight assistants.
Our more than 100-year history indicates of a long tradition, a great experience, high quality teaching and recognition among experts from different organizations and industries Ukraine.
Modern Higher Education
Full time – by government order (free of charge) and on a contract basis;
Part time (and gratuitous contract).
Every year the department accepts a group of students on the state order and on a contractual basis with the qualification of “specialist” for bachelors reduced curriculum (3 years).
- – Information and technical training in engineering production;
- – Systems technologies in knowledge-intensive industries;
- – Creation of nanostructured and composite products materials;
- – Industrial Management.
Anyone can get:
- Master’s degree of mechanical engineering of Otto-von-Guericke University of Magdeburg and practical training in Germany.
- second higher education (2-3 years) in following areas:
- higher economic education;
- higher education in management and marketing;
- Military-Technical Education in Military department of “KPI”.
Choosing our specialty you become experts by means of knowledge in such areas as:
- – Information technology in engineering;
- – Integrated Technologies of rapid manufacture of products;
- – information science, computer graphics, object-oriented programming;
- – Computer simulation CAE and CAD systems of engineering processes, equipment and die tooling (CAD);
- – Designing forging and stamping equipment and special machines;
- – Technology of cold and hot forming of engineering structures;
- – Manufacturing techniques of plastic and composite materials
- – Management of industrial equipment, microprocessor technology;
- – Mechanical plastic deformation of metals and alloys, composites and plastics;
- – Foreign language in professional areas;
- – economic theory and management in engineering;
- – intellectual property, patent and copyright etc.
After education you get a diploma of higher education of international standard.
The best students after receiving a master’s degree have the opportunity to join graduate course (period – 3 years).